ACCS.net Merak Mail Folder Cleanup Tool - 1.0
A folder cleanup tool for Merak Mail Server.
This tool is specifically designed for users that run in ODBC mode only. The tool walks through the mail folders and looks for a matching user in the database. If a matching user is not found then it shows up on the 'orphan' folder list. Once the search is complete you can delete folders one at a time or all at once!
The tool requires 3 input parameters:
- The path to the merak mailbox folders. For example, 'c:\merak\mail'
- A connection string for your ODBC database. Click here for help in creating a connection string for your ODBC database.
- The table name of the 'Aliases' table in your database. Most of the time it will simply be 'aliases'. However in a database like MS SQL Server it will be in the syntax of 'owner.tablename'. So for instanace my mailserver created the tables with the 'merakmail' sql account. Therefore my aliases table name is 'merakmail.aliases'.
Things to look out for in this version!
- There is no installer, simply make sure you have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed.
- Make sure you have the correct path to your mailbox folder, otherwise all of the items in list will be incorrect and you may delete necessary folders!
Please download this first version (from the downloads page) and send your, comments, questions, problems, and feedback to email@example.com. Click here for a screenshot.